Jared Pruch, Project Manager
31978 North Lake Creek Drive, Tangent, OR 97478
Cascade Pacific Resource Conservation & Development is a regional nonprofit established in 1989 as part of a national network of RC&D Councils to support local communities. For over 25 years we have been supporting grassroots, community-driven projects in the Willamette Valley and across the state. Our mission is to work with citizens to enhance their communities through social, economic, educational and environmental improvements.
Our services and programs include:
- Providing fiscal sponsorship and employer-of-record services for numerous watershed councils and other community organizations.
- Supporting collaborative restoration projects that improve water quality and enhance fish and wildlife habitat, including the Siuslaw Collaborative Watershed Restoration Program and the Upper Willamette Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) Partnership.
- Helping to develop and launch food and farming initiatives in the southern Willamette Valley.
Community food systems projects we have developed or partnered on since 2007 include:
- Providing support to a network of pasture-raised meat and poultry producers in the south Willamette Valley, which have now incorporated as the Heart of the Valley Grower’s Cooperative.
- Hosting and organizing the annual Local Food Connection conference, a grower-buyer networking event launched in 2007 and now in its 11th year.
- Establishing the first satellite chapter of the Rogue Farm Corps beginning farmer training program, the South Willamette chapter, in 2013.
- Facilitating activities of the Eugene Water & Electric Board’s ‘Healthy Farms Clean Water’ program, which seeks to protect critical drinking water resources and increase the economic viability of farming in the McKenzie River watershed.
- Developing and managing the educational Berggren Demonstration Farm from 2011-2015.