The purpose of the DEI committee is to work towards creating a platform of leadership for underrepresented communities in our food system. We recognize systemic barriers to opportunity and access across race, gender, class, ethnicity, age, ability, sexual orientation and geography. We seek to address those barriers through thoughtful design and program/policy implementation. We seek to create and support member organizations in developing inclusive spaces for staff, volunteers, participants, and clients.
The equity committee will make program, policy and procedural recommendations to the Leadership Team to ensure equitable outcomes in our food system via the Network. We will support subcommittees in the use of an equity lens as they approach their topical project areas. As a committee, we are committed to ongoing learning and bringing principles of equity into the Network.
Responsibilities of the Committee
- Provide learning opportunities, share resources & organize trainings around diversity, equity & inclusion for member organizations.
- Develop and guide an equity strategy for the Network.
- Look at internal structure & representation at OCFSN and suggest changes/opportunities to be more diverse, equitable & inclusive.
- Make recommendations to the Leadership Team on how to use funding acquired for equity.
- Make recommendations on DEI efforts and opportunities such as TA assistance, contract opportunities, etc.
- Support OCFSN staff, leadership team & working groups in using an equity lens for decision making.
- Committee members commit to engage in a process of ongoing & collective learning focused on diversity, equity & inclusion