The OCFSN members have established five initial priority areas for collective action:
- SNAP Match, an incentive program that allows Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants to use their benefits to buy local food and receive a dollar for dollar match to buy local fruits and vegetables.
- Veggie Rx, programming with healthcare providers to address food insecurity and improve health outcomes for patients with diet related disease.
- Increasing and improving Access to Land for new and expanding small farmers.
- Supporting Beginning Farmers & Ranchers by providing comprehensive services and outreach to this population.
- Wholesale Market Development to increase the flow of local food to retail and institutional buyers.