Alan Twigg, Board President
PO Box 30072, Eugene, OR 97403
School Garden Project helps Lane County schools create, sustain, and use onsite gardens by providing resources, professional consultation, and educational programming.
We are committed to a future in which school garden education helps children become healthy adults who eat their fruits and vegetables, know the basics of growing food, and contribute to a thriving community.
School Garden Project
· Provides in-school science and afterschool Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math education with a standards-based science curriculum, highly trained garden educators, and volunteers to:
- Help students and schools meet learning objectives
- Teach students to grow their own gardens
- Help kids learn to love eating vegetables
- Introduce students to the natural world through active, hands-on education
· Supplies plants, seeds, garden consulting, and tools to schools and other educational garden programs in Lane County
· Provides professional development support to enable classroom teachers to better utilize their school gardens for science and other educational activities
· Offers Next Generation Science Standards-based garden curriculum online at no cost
· Beginning in Fall 2016, will bring students on farm field trips
· Serves more than 1,000 students annually with educational programming at multiple schools in three districts
· Is a founding member of the Alliance for Healthy Families in Lane County