Karen Dunne, Interim Executive Director, Food Equity Program Director
150 Shelton McMurphey Blvd., Suite 205, Eugene, OR 97404
Willamette Farm and Food Coalition’s mission is to facilitate and support the development of a secure and sustainable food system in Lane County; one in which our farms and food businesses are ecologically and economically viable, and all members of our community have access to local foods.
We believe that a strong local food system contributes to the integral health of our entire community, and we have over a decade of experience connecting farmers and consumers. WFFC’s role as “benevolent broker” has made it easy for households, businesses and institutions to source more of their food locally.
WFFC’s accomplishments include:
- Publishing and distributing the annual Locally Grown Guide, a consumer resource to finding local foods (14 years, 25,000 free copies per year, searchable online)
- Creating a Farm to School Program which serves as a model for the state, has educated thousands of elementary school children about where their food comes from, and successfully assisted five school districts in increasing their purchases of Oregon grown products (10 years)
- Increasing access to locally grown foods for those in need by promoting farm stands, CSA programs and farmers markets that accept SNAP benefits; offering market tours to low income families; organizing Fill Your Pantry community bulk buying events; and working with partner organizations to bring local foods into underserved neighborhoods. (8 years)
- Increasing the visibility of locally grown foods and the farms and food businesses providing them, and equating support of these farms and businesses with economic benefit to our community and local economy through our Lane County Food Makes Dollars and Sense campaign. (4 years)
- Coordinating the Friends of the Farmers Market, volunteers who offer community outreach and customer support for the Lane County Farmers Market. (2 years)
- Coordinating Double Up Food Bucks SNAP match program for Lane County Farmers Market (1 year) – and in the future, all farmers markets in Lane County.